Back Doctor in Austin, TX
Back pain is a common condition for many people, and one of the most difficult to diagnose and treat. At Texas Orthopedics, our spine doctors have the expertise and experience to help you find the right treatment plan to help end your back pain.
Our physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians Dr. Kenneth Bunch and Dr. Ai Mukai specialize in non-surgical spine care using conservative treatments, such as physical therapy, injections delivered under X-ray or ultrasound guidance, and non-narcotic medications.
Our spine surgeons perform surgeries only after all conservative treatment options have failed. Our fellowship-trained orthopedic spine surgeons include Dr. Richard Lutz, Dr. James Smith, and Dr. Atilla Onan.
Common back conditions and treatments:
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Herniated Disc
- Low Back Pain
- Pinched Nerves
- Spinal Stenosis
- Slipped Vertebrae - Spondylolisthesis
- Stress Fracture - Spondylolysis
- Facet Joint Syndrome
- Coccydynia - Tailbone Pain
- Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injections
- Radiofrequency Ablation/Neurotomy
- Lumbar Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections
- Intercostal Nerve Blocks
- Caudal Epidural Steroid Injections
- Sacroiliac (SI) Joint and Ligament Injections
- Sacroiliac Radiofrequency Ablation
- Medial Branch Nerve Block
- Trigger Point Injections
- Discectomy: Microdiscectomy and Traditional Discectomy
- Spinal Fusion: Posterior and Anterior
- Lumbar Disc Replacement
- Laminectomy (Decompression)
Visit our patient education library to learn more about back problems and treatments.