Vishal Kancherla, DO
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Kancherla is a board certified Interventional Physiatrist and fellowship trained spine specialist. His expertise lies in restoring function and optimizing performance in those patients with spine, joint, muscle and nerve pain. He believes that a series of small steps can yield massive improvements.
Dr. Kancherla is committed to the doctor-patient relationship. His patient care philosophy has been to treat each patient as I would any of my own family members. It is this patient-centered philosophy that helps guide him to determine the safest, simplest and most appropriate treatment methods needed to obtain a successful outcome.
Dr. Kancherla focuses on individualized treatment plans performing non-surgical interventions and prescribing the appropriate therapies in the treatment of a wide variety of conditions:
- Low Back and Neck Pain
- Degenerative and Herniated Discs
- Sciatica (pinched nerve pain )
- Spinal Stenosis
- Osteoarthritis and pain of the large joints (knees, hips, shoulders)
- Work-Related or Sports-Related Injuries
- Repetitive Motion Injuries / Overuse injuries
- Post-Surgical Spine Pain
- Post-Laminectomy Pain Syndrome
- Musculoskeletal and Neuropathic pain
- Facet Joint Syndrome
- Whiplash injuries
- Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction
- Muscle spasms
Prior to coming to Austin he was a member of the spine care team for the Washington Redskins National Football League franchise and he also aided members of the 2008 US Summer Olympic team where he was able to return players back to the field in a safe and rapid approach.
While in Austin he has been recognized as one of Austin Monthly’s Top Doctors 2015, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and has received the Patient’s Choice Award, Vitals.com 2015, 2016 and 2018. He has been designated a Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctor and in 2018 recognized with a compassionate doctor certification, granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician’s overall and bedside manner scores.
- Travis County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- American Pain Society
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Medical Association
“Dr. Kancherla is an awesome doctor. He addresses all my concerns each time I have an appointment. Together we come up with a treatment plan that is right for me. I could not have been referred to a better doctor.” Lee W. 2019
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Interventional Spine and Musculoskeletal Medicine, Florida Spine Institute, Clearwater, FL
- Board Certified:
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, American Board of Pain Medicine