Texas Orthopedics is excited to offer virtual visits! We've recently switched platforms for better user experience to Doxy.me!
At Texas Orthopedics, we are continuing to work on ways to keep offering our patients appointments through the COVID-19 pandemic. We're excited to let everyone know that we have opened our virtual doors! With telemedicine, you will be able to interact face to face with one of our physicians via Doxy.me in order to help navigate through your musculoskeletal aches and pains.
Doxy.me is a web based platform that makes it easy for all to enjoy the benefits of telemedicine without extra downloads or account creations. Be sure you're ready for your virtual visit by following these 5 simple steps.
Thinking about a telemedicine appointment? Please read through the following:
- Telemedicine visits (or video appointments) are scheduled appointments, at a specific time with a specific doctor.
- After scheduling your appointment, you will be sent an email with consent forms. These consent forms will need to be completed prior to your virtual appointment time.
- Like usual office visits, any patient deductibles and co-pays may apply. It's best to check with your insurance company as insurance carriers are adapting their policies by the day.
Telemedicine Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of telemedicine?
Telemedicine offers our patients a way to connect with their physicians without having to leave their homes. This helps us do what we can to limit patient exposure by having to leave their homes and come into our offices.
Is telemedicine safe and HIPAA compliant?
Texas Orthopedics cares about the safety and privacy of our patients. Doxy.me offers an online platform that adheres to HIPAA privacy requirements.
What can be accomplished during a telemedicine appointment?
- New patient as well as follow up appointments
- Ordering labs and imaging as needed
- Reviewing any previously ordered labs or imaging
- Monitoring practice prescribed medications
- Discussing any new concerns with your provider
What if I need x-rays before my virtual appointment?
Whether you're needing a follow up visit or you need to be seen for a new problem, if x-rays are needed, we are sending orders to outside imaging companies or having them done through mobile x-ray companies. Mobile x-ray companies make an appointment and come to YOU! It's best to allow 72 hours after mobile x-rays are complete to have a telemedicine appointment to ensure your physician has been able to view your films.
What about special accommodations for hearing impaired patients?
Hearing-impaired patients are able to use our telemedicine services too! We use a sign language interpreting service that will conference into your appointment. If you feel you would benefit from this service, please let your scheduler know.
Trouble accessing the meeting?
Doxy.me is a web based platform that is easily accessible from your desktop, tablet, or smartphone. Each of our providers has a unique link that will direct you to their waiting room. If you don't see the link in your email, please call our offices at 512-439-1001.