Did you know that every three minutes a child in this country is treated in the ER (emergency room) for a toy-related injury? With all the new toys your little ones received over the holidays, now is a great time for a reminder about proper toy safety.
- follow manufacturers’ age restrictions and proper operating instructions for toys
- check toys for small parts that could be choking hazards
- ensure riding toys are used on dry, flat surfaces away from roads and traffic
- supervise children under eight years on riding toys
- insist on wearing helmets, knee pads, and elbow pads when riding bikes, scooters, other riding toys, skateboards, and roller or inline skates
- keep up with regular toy recalls at Recalls.gov