- Don’t let kids go trick or treating alone. Have them walk in groups or with a trusted adult.
- Kids should only go to homes with a porch light on and never enter a home or car for a treat.
- A good meal prior to trick or treating will discourage kids from filling up on Halloween candy.
- Swords, knives, and similar costume accessories should be short, soft and flexible.
- Always test make-up in a small area first. Remove it before bedtime to prevent possible skin and eye irritation.
- Wear well-fitting masks, costumes, and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips, and falls.
- Remind drivers to watch our for trick or treaters and to drive safely.
- Put electronic devices down and keep heads up and walk, don’t run, across the street.