People are desperate to keep their legs, preventing some of them from seeking the medical care they need. You lose your leg you lose your life. Our team has the equipment to save limbs…thank the Lord! Hopefully they’re able to save a lot.
***They need foley catheters!!!
- Structural Engineer (We don’t know the structural integrity of the buildings yet…orphans are still sleeping in tents).
- General Contractor and a fence team of 4 workers. (It would be good if the contractor had site survey experience). This team should plan to stay for 2 weeks.
- Skid Steer operator (This would be HUGE…we really need to raise the finances for the actual skid steer est..$50K. We could use this person immediately after acquisition of the skid steer).
- Diesel Automotive Mechanic (Someone who could figure out what needs to be done on all the equipment, order it, and then do the work).
- 1 Dispatcher
- 1 Warehouse operator (They need to know how to set up a rack system within a warehouse….they will be setting up the existing and new storage areas and training the nationals on how to run it).
- 1 on-site volunteer (We have anywhere from 60-100+ guests at any one time on the premises…coordinate housing, food, etc…
We need a 125 Kw generator ($35K)…we have 1 running currently but we don’t have a backup at all. We should really be running 2 at staggered integrals…the mission and hospital goes dark if it goes down. There is a big security issue with this as well…if we go dark…we’ll have troubles with people jumping the fence and taking the food.
If you would like to donate to help the Haiti cause please go to www.hcbc.com or email Jonathon Patton email@example.com. Money will go to purchases listed above, flights to and from Haiti, or any other need that presents itself.
Help Haiti T-shirts! www.helphaitishirt.com 100% of the proceeds go to missions working out of Haiti. They’re awesome.
Pictures courtesy of Dr. Tim Gueramy
Pic 2: Roof fallen on top of home – near mission complex
Pic 3: Running a nebulizer off a bicycle foot pump.
Pic 4: Little girl with infected, depressed skull fracture. Still smiling-Amazing!