Post provided by the American Heart Association
80 percent of Americans don’t make exercise a regular habit. Here are some tips to help you incorporate exercise into your life – and maybe even learn to like it.
- Find an exercise that suits you and best fits your personality.
- Make it a habit. It takes about three weeks for someting to become a habit, so give yourself the time to create a regular routine.
- Build exercise into your lifestyle. The key is building activity into your lifestyle so it is not disruptive.
- Do bouts of exercise. It’s ok to break up your physical activity into smaller segments. The American Heart Association recomments 30 minutes of exercise a day. Try three 10 minute workout sessions.
- Keep going. If you miss a day or a workout, don’t worry about it. Just make sure you get back at it the next day.