James L. Smith Jr., MD
Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
For more than 20 years, Dr. James L. Smith, Jr. has been a practicing spine surgeon in the Austin Area. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery with advanced fellowship training in spine surgery. Since 1989, Dr. Smith has helped patients with complex spine problems. He specializes in surgery of the cervical and lumbar spine.
When conservative treatments fail, Dr. Smith will discuss your surgical options. He performs many advanced spine surgery procedures that can get you back to an active, healthy lifestyle.
Dr. Smith has been named by his peers to the Texas Super Doctors list in 2004, 2006-2009, & 2011-2019.
- Undergraduate Education:
- University of Texas at Austin
- Medical School:
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- Orthopedic Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Spine Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine & University of British Columbia, Vancouver
- Board Certified:
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery