Barbara Bergin, MD
Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Barbara Bergin is one of the founders of Texas Orthopedics, Sports & Rehabilitation Associates in Austin, Texas. She is a general orthopedist, seeing patients with all manner of bone and joint conditions. In addition to treating patients surgically as well as conservatively, she enjoys educating patients so they can emerge stronger than they were before their orthopedic injury or surgery. With this in mind, Dr. Bergin maintains her own blog, which you can link to from this website or follow directly at www.drbarbarabergin.com.
Dr. Bergin and her team work seamlessly to facilitate patient care, taking the time to sit down with each patient to discuss their diagnosis and treatment plan. She sees patients at the Northwest Austin location, where you can receive comprehensive orthopedic care under one roof. Texas Orthopedics’ Northwest Austin location has onsite X-ray, MRI, bone densitometry, and physical therapy services. Should you need outpatient surgery, Dr. Bergin performs surgery at Texas Orthopedics Surgery Center, also located at the Northwest Austin location.
Dr. Bergin has recently been recognized by her peers as a 2021 Austin Monthly Top Doctors.
Dr. Bergin’s clinical handouts address many common concerns for patients who have knee or shoulder surgery. She covers everything from post-op instructions to pain medication to returning to work. Browse the links below to download and print a copy.
- Knee Surgery/Arthroscopy: Dressings
- Knee Surgery/Arthroscopy: Icing
- Knee Surgery/Arthroscopy: Post Op Instructions
- ACL Reconstruction: Post Op Instructions
- Shoulder Surgery/Arthroscopy: Dressings
- Shoulder Surgery/Arthroscopy: Icing
- Shoulder Surgery/Arthroscopy: Post Op Instructions
- Rotator Cuff Surgery: Post Op Instructions
All Orthopedic Surgery:
- General: Dressings
- General: Icing
- General: Post Op Instructions
- Keeping the Bowels and Bladder Going after Surgery
- Undergraduate Education:
- Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX
- Medical School:
- Texas Tech University
- Orthopedic Surgery, University of Missouri Medical Center, Columbia, MO and Texas Tech University School of Medicine
- Board Certified:
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons