J. Brannan Smoot, MD
Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Fellowship-Trained Knee, Foot, and Ankle Surgeon
Foot and ankle surgery as well as knee surgery are Dr. Smoot's specialties. From arthritis pain to torn ligaments, to bunions and hammer toes, Dr. Smoot sees a wide range of conditions that affect the knee down to the toes. He sees patients at Texas Orthopedics in Northwest Austin and South Austin.
Dr. Smoot is an active member of the teaching faculty of Dell Medical School's Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program where he is working to advance the field of musculoskeletal care and training the next generation of physicians and surgeons. To learn more, please click here.
Dr. Smoot played division I college football at Rice University, and represented the USA in rugby against Canada in 1992. He is married with three children and enjoys adventure travel, water sports and good food with friends.
- Undergraduate Education:
- Rice University, Houston, TX
- Medical School:
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
- Orthopedic Surgery, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK
- Knee Surgery and Foot & Ankle Surgery, Sydney, Australia
- Board Certified:
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ) in Sports Medicine