Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
While the statewide COVID restrictions have been lifted by the Governor of Texas, Texas Orthopedics will continue to follow CDC guidelines as the health and well-being of our patients and employees is the highest priority. We are committed to providing a safe, clean environment in our offices while providing quality musculoskeletal care to Central Texas. To make an appointment with one of our specialists, schedule an appointment online or call us today if you'd like to discuss options for a telemedicine appointment.
Visiting Our Office
Making a visit to Texas Orthopedics locations looks a little different than it used to. In order to ensure you are well prepped for your visit, please take note of the following:
- Face masks or coverings are required for all entering our facilities. See CDC face mask guidelines.
- We've removed many of our chairs in our lobbies to ensure safe social distancing practices.
- After checking in with our reception staff, we encourage patients to wait in their cars prior to being called back to meet with the physician.
- We're asking patients to come alone to their appointments to ensure that we can limit the number of individuals within our offices.
- You have a fever or have had a fever within the last 72 hours of 100.0 or higher,
- You have any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath of trouble breathing
- Muscle pain or body aches
- Sore throat
- New loss of smell or taste
- Congestion or runny nose
- Loss of appetite
- Vomiting & Nausea
In addition, please call us to discuss exposure if you have been in contact with someone with someone awaiting COVID test results or has received a COVID positive test in the past two weeks.
We are encouraging patients above the age of 65 or those that are immunocompromised to stay home and visit with one of our physicians through telemedicine.
We're excited to be able to offer our patients a virtual visit with one of our physicians through telemedicine appointments for their orthopedic needs! For more information, visit our telemedicine page.
If you are a patient of Dr. Koval or Dr. Martinez, click here for the latest information regarding your care.
Texas Orthopedics Surgery Center Patients
For the latest updates regarding procedures at our surgery center, please visit their page here.
Texas Orthopedics Temporary Policy Updates
In order to meet safe social distancing requirements and limit the number of visitors in our offices, we are asking that patients come into our facilities alone. We are only allowing patients back to meet with physicians at this time.
We ask that you please cancel or reschedule your appointment via phone call or appointment reminder but we understand that this is a challenging time. Any appointment cancellation fees for office visits will be waived during this time.